Did you get this toner this past week and are already using it up? Before you squeeze another drop out, read our little #MelodyTip
I came across the Acwell Licorice Balancing Toner after extensive usage of their cleansing gel (got 2 empties already! See my review about the Acwell pH 5.5 Balancing Gel Cleanser here).
This is not an ordinary toner. It brightens, cleanses, and balances the pH of your skin. Quite a punch you’re packing there, Acwell!
This cleanser has loads of good things. First of all, 10% Licorice water. If you’ve been in the Asian skincare game for a while, then I know you must be obsessed with that magical antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant brightening wonder root of the skincare world, licorice!
I used it for around 2 months before bringing it into the store to share with everyone and this is how I used it everyday while conserving every precious drop:
- Decant into a misting bottle
- Arm self with cotton pads
Seriously, that’s it.
Now why a mist bottle?
Being able to control the amount of product that comes out for one. I found that I needed a separate bottle to use the Acwell Toner the moment I squeezed liquid into a cotton pad from the bottle and too much came out and a drop of toner splashed onto my foot through the cotton pad! NOOOOO! MY PRECIOUSSSSSS.
Reason number 2: I’ve got a mist obsession and love misting my face to feel freshened up.
You can very well use a dropper pump but I very much prefer the mist!
Pictured above: Just a couple skincare products I like to take with me everywhere. COSRX 92 Snail Cream, Acwell Aqua Clinity Cream, and of course, the Acwell Licorice Balancing Cleansing Toner. Of things I like to bring with me that are not pictured: sheet masks, more misting bottles (I’m obsessed).
My favorite ways to use this cleansing toner:
- It’s morning and I’m late. I definitely don’t have time to do a morning cleanse (using trusty ol’ Hada Labo lately). Uh—I’m actually in the car already, waiting for the defroster to defog the windows (it is so cold and foggy where we are). I am blessed with 5 minutes to do a quick spritz into a cotton pad to cleanse my face, dab on eye cream, and draw some eyebrows.
- At the end of my day, before I start a long drive home, I like to spritz the Acwell Licorice Toner into a cotton pad (which I also bring with me everywhere) for a quick cleanse. If my skin looks particularly stressed out, I wear a sheet mask while I drive and enjoy the traffic home.
- I have just finished a double cleanse (oil then either foam or gel cleanser—whatever you fancy). Here, I use the Acwell Cleansing Balancing Toner to prep my skin for the rest of my skincare routine.
- Misting dramatically during the day in dry office environments.
Questions? Comments? Love the toner? Let me know what you think and comment below! Always happy to chat!